Ronn Moore and D.D. Ingram plan to make people laugh in Victoria without profanity

Ronn Moore is a Christian comedian affectionately called "White Chocolate." Saturday evening, he will hit the stage at the Victoria Community Center.
  • If you go

• WHEN: 8 p.m., Saturday. Doors open at 7.WHERE: Victoria Community Center, 2905 E. North St., VictoriaCOST: $15 pre-sale; $10 in advance TO PURCHASE TICKETS: Mumphord's Place Restaurant, 1202 E. Juan Linn St.

Ronn "White Chocolate" Moore has made people laugh since the day he was born. His delivery doctor was the first person he made laugh.

The 40-year-old Fort Worth native said being a comedian is soothing for him and others.

"We get into comedy because we can't afford therapy," he said.

Moore and fellow comedian Demetrieus "D.D." Ingram will take to the stage Saturday evening at the Victoria Community Center.

"They were a hit, and I asked them to come back," said James T. Murphy Jr., chairman of the Black History Month Steering Committee.

Murphy said proceeds from the comedy show will help to fund scholarships.

Ingram, a father of four, gets inspiration from every-day living for his routine.

"It's my life exaggerated, pretty much," he said.

Family and friends told Ingram that he had a gift. The 49-year-old funny man said making others laugh is rewarding.

"For a moment, people forget their stresses and have a good time," he said.

Ingram, who works as an aircraft assembler, said the hardest aspect of comedy is not knowing how the audience will respond to his humor.

"You could be a hit one night, and you're hated the next. And you told the same joke," he said.

Ingram rarely uses profanity in other gigs to not be typecast.

"I try to refrain. I don't want to be known as that guy," he said.

He said his Crossroads show would not offend Christians.

Moore said for the last five years, he, too, has refrained from curse words.

"I'm funny without the filth," he said.

After talking to his daughter, Allyssa Moore, he had a change of heart.

As a child, Moore's daughter didn't see his show. The daddy's girl had a peaked curiosity when friends asked for the comedian's autograph.

Moore asked Allyssa if she was proud of him.

His daughter, now a college student, responded how could she be proud when she wasn't allowed to see his act.

The father of one said his career did not suffer when he revised his stand-up.

Moore was the first Caucasian comedian to be Black Entertainment Television's Comic View and has traveled the world.

For the full-time comedian, his career choice has its perks.

"I like getting on stage and saying what I want to say and not getting beat up," he said.