Blogs » Advocate Photo Blog » Photos With No Place

Subscribe

I was trying to figure out just what I wanted to blog about this week and I was having trouble coming up with any sort of theme or topic. I was clearing off my computer for the month (you're welcome IT) and I came across two photos that speak to me for some reason.

The first is a really terrible photo that I shot recently. I was assigned to go take pictures of Caroline Scherer and her lamb for the Victoria Livestock Tab. I tried to get a photo of her putting the lamb away cause I really liked the barn but I wasn't fast enough and this was a kind of "shoot from the hip" photo that I ended up getting. Even though it was not right for the paper I still kinda liked it and decided to keep it. I think its the bars on the door in the barn, I feel like I'm peeking in on something through the small opening before the door closed.

The next one is a photo that i shot a long time ago that never really had a place. I took this photo while waiting for the canoes from the Texas Water Safari to show themselves at a spot on the river outside of San Marcos. These children were just playing in the water while the crowd gathered to watch the racers go by. I was terrified they were going to get hit with a canoe. I took the photo while standing in a river with water knee high while trying desperately not to drop any of my camera equipment in the water. I succeeded but never ended up getting any of the kids names and I didn't think it was right for the story so I didn't cross the river to pursue it. There's something about this photo as well. To me it feels like something that shouldn't have been shot in 2011. It has a classic feel for me.

If you made it all the way through this you're a gem and, as always, thanks for looking.