As a former teacher

I think it is so cool to see former students that are providing goods and services in local area. Two of my former students are in creative agencies, another that I didn’t teach but was a student at the school is in graphic design, another is a lawyer. It is hard to believe that 10 years ago I trying to get them to ponder, wonder, think, reason, give arguments, and learn. There are plenty more out there as well. Keep up the good work!

As a former student

I think it is so awesome to see former teachers. I went to Our Lady of Victory growing up. My kindergarten teacher is still teaching there. My second grade teachers have just recently retired. I met my wife for lunch earlier this week and saw Mrs. K and S meeting up for lunch. Not that my penmanship is artistic, but I learned cursive from them. They were also the teachers that led me to the office when I busted my head open on door frame after tripping on a friend’s foot. Most importantly, they prepared me for two of the six most important events in my life: my First Confession and my First Communion. I still remember standing with my back against the chalk board reciting the Act of Contrition.

Speaking of Confession

Lent is a great time to re-establish your relationship with Jesus Christ. Confession is a wonderful sacrament of healing and gift that not only re-connects our union but brings tremendous peace to the soul. In a world of stress, loneliness, bitterness, and darkness this sacrament has brought me quietness, communion, encouragement, and light. My pastor, Fr. Bob, has been so kind to offer spiritual healing multiple times during the weeks of Lent. Take a look, examine your conscience, make a decision to go, get in line, confess kind and number, be sorrowful, and make amends. Nothing much on this side compares.

Speaking of Fr. Bob

Here is the link to his letter regarding the HHS mandate. Resist the tyranny.

Friends and Family

Enjoy them; invite them to confession.