Blogs » What's going on in the Golden Crescent? » February showers bring March flowers

Subscribe

Or at least something like that. Mother Nature has graced us with recent rains and any person driving to and fro between the Crossroads can see all the lush green that is growing in the area. I know our backyard is becoming overrun with clover and grass and the neighbor's yard is too.

Rainy weather can become a burden to some because of mosquitoes and other pests that thrive on stagnant water, while gardeners can breath a sigh of relief, momentarily, while their yards and gardens grow strong in the midst of a drought.

The June/July issue of GC: The Magazine of the Golden Crescent is now accepting nominations for the Golden Crescents Top 5 gardeners. I want to know who's yard yields the most colorful flowerbed or bountiful vegetable garden in the area. Gardening can be a very rewarding hobby for people whether they tend to their own garden or are a part of a group of gardeners like the Victoria Master Gardeners Association or groups like Keep Cuero Beautiful, which included an "Adopt A Planter" program in the past.

The magazine will feature five of the areas top amateur gardeners once all the nominations are collected. Send your nomination to GC@vicad.com or snail mail it to:
Jessica Rodrigo/Top 5 Gardeners
311 E. Constitution
Victoria, TX 77901

I look forward to reading about it and working on this next issue. The April/May issue is in production now and will be out March 28. Be sure to pick up a copy of it comes out. Also, if you have any story ideas for the magazine. I love to hear from our readers – you are our best resource for story ideas.

Happy gardening!